About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Ltd (KAMS LTD) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS LTD has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 26 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
About the Opportunity
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services now has an opportunity for an ICT Trainee to join their Broome team on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will provide ICT support, assistance and training to all KAMS & Member Services employees, whilst receiving training from the ICT Manager, ICT & Health Informatics Support Officers and external parties, such as TAFE.
Some of your day-to-day activities will include:
- Providing ICT hardware and software support to KAMS and member services employees and stakeholders;
- Assist Health Informatics MMEx Helpdesk team with Tier 1 support calls and entry level administrative duties;
- Supporting end users in the use of various ICT hardware and applications;
- Resolving faults lodged to the IT Help Desk in a timely and courteous manner;
- Receive and resolve phone support queries on the IT help desk and Health Informatics Help Desk;
- Assisting with maintenance of IT hardware and software registers;
- Assisting with routine maintenance/upgrades/testing of all ICT hardware and software; and
- Providing support with phone systems and voicemail.
What you'll need to be successful
To be successful in this role, you must have a sound communication skills and a strong interest in the use of computers and related software/hardware and a good understanding of Microsoft Office products.
In addition, you will display exceptional customer service skills, a demonstrated ability to complete tasks in an effective and efficient manner and work well in both a team and autonomous environment.
Candidates must also have the capacity to work within the philosophy of an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation.
Most importantly, you will be a reliable, punctual, and dedicated employee with a passion for IT, communications, and technology!
To view the full position description for this role, click here.
Please note: Successful candidates will need to hold a 'C' Class drivers licence and undergo a National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check. You will also need the ability to travel on a regular basis.
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by KAMS. This is a highly attractive opportunity for people with an interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, to make a real difference in local communities.
For your hard work and dedication to this role, you will also receive a base salary of $46,747 + super.
In addition to this salary, you will have access to a further host of benefits, including:
- Accommodation assistance to the value of $7,800;
- Electricity allowance of $1,440 p.a;
- Access to an annual airfare after 12 months of employment to the value of $1,285 p.a;
- District allowance of $2,920 p.a. (single) or $5,840 p.a. (double); and
- 5 weeks annual leave to explore your beautiful surrounds.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide high-level ICT support within a vital community organisation - Apply Now!
Please fill out you Personal Details below.