About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 30 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
About the Region
The Kimberley region is located in the northern part of Western Australia and covers about 421,000 square kilometres. The Kimberley has only three towns with a population of more than 2,000 (Broome, Derby and Kununurra), and the total population is around 37,000. In addition to the sealed Route 1 which runs along the southern part of the area, the unsealed Gibb River Road runs through the heart of the region from Derby to the highway near Kununurra. Access to much of the region is by dirt road, air or sea.
About the Opportunity
KAMS has a highly rewarding opportunity for 2x dedicated HR Advisor's to join their multidisciplinary team in Broome WA.
These positions are available in the following capacity:
- 1x Full-time fixed term until December 2021
- 1x Part-time 30.40 hours per fortnight until December 2021
This position is responsible for providing support to the Executive Manager Workforce by contributing to the accomplishment of Human Resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Ensure policies and procedures for recruitment of new staff are in place, reviewed regularly and made available to all Staff.
- Correctly interprets, applies and advises on legislation, standards, awards/agreements, KAMS policies and procedures relating to recruitment, establishment and HR matters to assist and advise others in their decision making.
- Provides best-practice advice regarding recruitment, establishment and HR matters.
- Researches, promotes and applies effective applicant attraction strategies and proper assessment methodology.
- Maintain the HR records of all KAMS employees.
- Maintain all relevant forms, templates and other documentation required for the implementation of KAMS Human Resources Policies and Procedures
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate/hold the following:
- A sound and practical understanding of HR with relevant qualifications and/or 3 to 5 years’ experience
- A demonstrated understanding of the current employment legislation, and the ability to interpret and represent internal HR policies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including a high level of conceptual and analytical ability
- Highly effective time management skills including the ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a high volume work environment
- Ability to organise own workload with minimal direction and work as part of a team
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal, oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to consistently demonstrate a high level of initiative, attention to detail as well as the ability to analyse and report on results.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with Aboriginal people
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels
In addition, you will need to have a current C class manual driver's license and be willing to travel by 4WD and light aircraft when required. It is a requirement that the successful candidate be willing to undergo a National Police Check prior to employment with KAMS.
About the Benefits
This position presents the successful candidate with the opportunity to join one of Western Australia's most reputable health services. In this rewarding role, you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the health outcomes throughout remote Indigenous communities. This organisation truly values its team and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged but are often paid for by KAMS. This role is a highly attractive opportunity for someone with a desire to develop their professional knowledge and experience in the area of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health!
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive base salary of $86,182 and a further host of benefits, including:
- Accommodation Allowance of $13,000 per annum pro rata;
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata);
- Phone allowance of $50 per month;
- Electricity Allowance of $1,440 per annum pro rata;
- Annual Airfares to the value of $1,285 pa (after 12 months of employment);
Please note: People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in stunning outback locations. Make a positive difference — Apply Now!
Please fill out you Personal Details below.