RHD Aboriginal Community Worker
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 30 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence-based best practice in primary health care.
About the Opportunity
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services LTD (KAMS) is seeking a RHD Aboriginal Community Worker to join their team on a part-time fixed term basis until 30th June 2021 in Bidyadanga, WA.
Reporting to the Population Health Manager, this position will be responsible to assist in the delivery of program key performance indicators outlined in the 2020-2021 Activity work plan. This includes assisting in the delivery of community engagement/health promotion activities specifically supporting Bidyadanga clinic staff in the prevention of Group A streptococcus (GAS), acute rheumatic fever (ARF) and rheumatic heart disease (RHD).
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist and support Bidyadanga Clinic staff and Nirrumbuk Environmental Health staff in the effective delivery of the Bidyadanga RHD activity work plan.
- Develop and strengthen working relationship with key community leaders to develop and implement localized health promotion campaigns regarding GAS/ARF and RHD.
- Assist and support program partners with the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion resources
- Support the Graphic design team in delivering high quality RHD prevention health promotion material that is community specific.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you will have demonstrated understanding of the Bidyadanga Aboriginal community and understanding and commitment to the delivery of programs in a manner consistent with the ACCHO Model of Care.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require a Current “C” class manual drivers licence, and either hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance clearance prior to commencement.
About the Benefits
This is a rewarding role that offers you the opportunity to advance your career as part of a highly respected organisation. In addition, you will receive ongoing professional training opportunities to ensure your future career excels.
Your dedication will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package $49,410 plus a range of benefits including:
- District allowance $2,920 p.a.;
- Accommodation allowance $7,800;
- Electricity subsidy $1,440;
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Don't miss out o the chance to develop your skills, advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in a stunning outback location. Make a positive difference - Apply Now!
Please fill out you Personal Details below.