Renal Services Manager (KRS)
About Kimberley Renal Services
The only Aboriginal community-controlled renal health service in Australia, Kimberley Renal Services (KRS) employs around 90 staff and runs 4 Renal Health Centres (based in Fitzroy Crossing, Broome, Kununurra, and Derby), a Mobile Dialysis Unit, and a mobile prevention unit. Established in 2002 following years of lobbying for a dialysis service in the Kimberley, KRS allows patients to get treatment in their communities, rather than relocating to Perth away from family, friends and country.
Chronic and end-stage Kidney Disease within the Aboriginal population of the Kimberley greatly exceeds the national burden of disease, and the incidence of Kidney Disease in the Kimberley is one of the highest in Australia, with the need for dialysis in this region tripling over the last decade. From their Health Centre 'hubs' and Mobile Dialysis Unit, KRS is able to provide services and preventative care across the region, implementing strategies to slow down the progression of renal disease whist ensuring those who need treatment can maintain ties with their families and communities.
About the Opportunity
Kimberley Renal Services has a newly created opportunity for a Renal Services Manager to join their team in Fitzroy Crossing, WA, on a full-time basis.
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of safe, high-quality and holistic care for patients throughout their renal health care journey. The Renal Services Manager participates in renal health planning, working towards meeting the needs of the community.
Your scope of responsibilities will include, but will not be confined to:
- Providing direct leadership, coordination and representation for Kimberley Renal Services in collaboration with the KRS Executive Management Team;
- Working in collaboration with Renal Services Managers and KRS Executive Management Team to monitor clinical management and renal progression across the service;
- Assessing the patient waitlist, in collaboration with the other Renal Services Managers, with the aim to return patients to the Kimberley from further treatment locations;
- Monitoring clinical management and renal progression within the centre and reports this information to the Renal Governance Forum;
- Ensuring the centre operates in compliance with all relevant accreditation standards, risk management activities, policies and procedures;
- Recruiting, supporting and mentoring the Integrated Services Manager and Clinical Nurse Specialist, as the centre grows in size and patient capacity; and
- Completing accurate and timely reports on centre activities and budget requirements.
For more information please click here for the full position description.
To be successful you will be an AHPRA-recognised Registered Nurse, with a strong background in renal health care. Post-graduate qualifications in renal nursing or similar would be highly regarded.
It's crucial that you have a strong understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and are committed to the principles of Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, with a sound knowledge of cultural safety principles and practices.
A confident and influential leader, you will be highly skilled at negotiating with a range of stakeholders, from both government and NGO sectors, able to build effective strategic relationships at all levels.
Leading the growth of the centre, you'll need to be confident building and developing your team and have high-level analytical skills, with a sound understanding of good business management.
Finally, KRS is looking for a motivated, community-oriented leader who can inspire real passion and excitement for upcoming projects and strategies, enthusiastic about the chance to support improved health and wellbeing outcomes for communities across the Kimberley.
Please Note: You will need to be comfortable with travel to remote areas, often requiring 4WD vehicles or light aircraft. A current Driver's License is essential.
About the Benefits
This is an extremely rewarding opportunity to help shape positive outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, witnessing change firsthand as you make a genuine difference to communities across the Kimberley.
In return for your dedication and leadership, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $133,315 plus super, and a range of fantastic benefits:
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Salary packaging up amount of $30,000;
- Annual airfares of $1,683 for 12 months continuous service;
- Subsided accommodation; and
- Relocation assistance, negotiable based on your needs.
You'll be joining a passionate, high-performing organisation that's genuinely committed to improving the lives of their patients, lead by a welcoming and enthusiastic management team that truly does care for their staff.
About Fitzroy Crossing
Approximately 2,000km north of Perth, Fitzroy Crossing is a true outback town, with a population of just under 1,500 people. Set on the banks of the Fitzroy River, one of the largest rivers in the world, it's home to stunning natural parks and a unique 350 million year old Devonian Reef, making it a popular stop for tourists exploring the world-famous Kimberley region.
Though an undeniably small town, it has all of the shops and amenities needed to enjoy a vibrant country lifestyle, away from the bustle of city life. The area is a paradise for animals and plant life, offering fantastic opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as a huge range of adventure and cultural experiences.
Lead the strategic direction and growth of a passionate community organisation, working with a variety of key stakeholders and organisations to make a real difference across the Kimberley - Apply Now!